Monday, November 19, 2012

Grandma Murphy turns 57

So, you will not believe our birthday party for Grandma Murphy!

Throw in a few cute children and what birthday party wouldn't be complete?!

We have Iron Man

Princess Adaline
 A snugly bear at the bottom.

But we try and make family birthday's special and exciting. Carolyn requested dinner and games with her favorite Key Lime pie. Great request. I love doing special things to make the home look nice or dinner a little more special and in this case at least the birthday cake and candles the perfect moment.

No, that is not what happened.  All in a matter of 10 seconds the birthday moment was thrown by Murphy man #1 and Murphy boy #1. pictured below.

I had gotten these pretty glittery green candles that went with the Key Lime pie. They took forever to light but nice. Corbin was enthralled and watched every second. I needed to get the pie scoop or something or other and asked matt to walk the lit cake to the birthday girl. This was the downfall of our moment. He walked off with aluminum foil cake bottom (didn't take the pretty cake stand it was sitting on) and as soon as it got near Carolyn Corbin blew out all the candles. Then turn back to me as I turn around and see what the two Murphy boys have done. Horror has filled my face as with the 10 seconds it all crashed and burned. Ha! So much for a special birthday. Here you see Matt relighting the candles so we can sing happy birthday and let Carolyn blow them out.


Wow! What a moment. I think she is afraid to see what will happen next.


Happy Birthday Carolyn Jan Spires Murphy!


Cutie pie
"Oh well, even the best laid plans go amuck" This is a line Carolyn has quoted me several times and definitely the case tonight.

2 comments:

Tracey said...

You are so sweet to make birthdays so special! Your poor pie... ;) I'm sure it was still a great night.

ginmommy said...

You crack me up! But I know that you still made your house pretty, and made Carolyn feel special, because YOU are great at that! Can't wait to see you soon!