Saturday, November 17, 2012

Gatlinburg is Awsome

 The last time I tried to post this blog the pictures wouldn't load. So here I am catching up.
This was what we called the year of the come back. We had not been able to make our annual Gatlinburg trip for over two years.

We have several traditions on our trip. The "core four" always let Tracey pick the cabin and our itinerary. Tra does an amazing job about getting our trip relaxing and fun.

Tracey and Eric picked out another awesome cabin in our favorite Oak Haven Cabin. We have tried many other places closer to the action, but for us this is the best we can find. Oak Haven is in the hills of Seiverville, TN It probably is about 30min from Pigeon Forge.

This year we went up Sunday - Tuesday. Not a very long trip this time, but now we have school age children and Aiden is still too young(nursing) to leave for more than three days. We picked up Eric and Tra around 9a Sunday, loaded up and headed down. There were a few "are we there yet?" moments. I don't remember that four hour drive being quite as long.
We had decided that our Sunday we would stay in the cabin and relax, play games, get in the hot tub, and play games.
Our cabin was so adorable. very nicely decorated, comfortable and clean. We loved it. 
Eric and I went to the game room and played ping pong and foose ball, while the other two napped.  Sunday night football won out a bit on our night and Matt really wasn't in a game mood like I was. 


A few of our other traditions are to eat breakfast at the Pancake Pantry and shop in The Village next door.                                                                       



They always have this little nook so cute and decorated for the season
Look at these love birds out and about without their three little ones. :)

We had such a fabulous day Monday shopping, eating and eating and going back to the cabin for another early night in.
This was the new Moonshine store where they distill their own rubbing alcohol moon shine. It was neat to watch the process. They also had free tastings....


and bluegrass playing out front.


It was a rainy few days and overcast skies. This is the main strip. Things have been tore down and new stores gone up in their places. Interesting after only two years.


Matt has this saying now. Whenever we see something cool he says, "I can make that in a heart beat". Well, he is so talented and can make virtually anything, but my heart has beat so many times since he has stated this about several projects and we are still nowhere.
Matt eyes these beautiful grandfather clocks when we go to Gburg and we walked into the store this time. He wanted me to take these photos so he could know how they looked so he can make his own clock. I have no doubt he would like to do this. But mark my words it will be in his 50s before this will ever take place.

Hungry before our return to the cabin we checked out this new restaurant JT Hannah's Kitchen. We all loved it. But as you can see Matt enjoyed it more than the rest of us. His meal was called  "heart attack come and get me" it had  1 pound of meat and onion straws and cheese and bacon. It was unbelievable.
Here he is so pleased with himself and his meal.
Preparing for the ultimate bite.
In for the kill. I would make many jokes at this point about large mouth here but I will refrain today. :)


Tuesday we went to the Applebarn for breakfast and shopped a little at the outlets and a few shops that can't be missed in a trip to Gatlinburg. Too bad we had to head home so early, but our few days were so wonderful. We love Gatilinburn with the Reids! Always good times.

4 comments:

Jami said...

That cabin is beautiful! Glad you guys got to go back this year, always looks like a fun trip.

Tracey said...

I love you. :) What a great recap. Already looking forward to our next trip. I'm so, so blessed to have you two in my life.

melanie said...

I forgot all about posting my pumpkin granola. I had gotten this recipe from a fellow blogger and though oh, what a great munching treat. I pull out the granola and I get this look from all three. Oh my!

ginmommy said...

Awesome post, Mel!