Friday, November 9, 2012

Aiden's Virus

So, for about two weeks we have been dealing with Aiden's diaper rash. I believe it started off by an allergic reaction to blueberries. However, no matter what we did it kept getting worse and worse. Go to the doctor? Not to go? Mom and I decided he might have a yeast infection so started to treat him for that this past Monday. 

Tuesday we had a big shopping day planned for Costco. Love that store!

Here are a couple of pics before we got out the door.


Looking back now his eyes do look like he is sick.

As we went through the day Aiden had gotten spots under his chin. Which mom said is normal for a yeast infection.
But then that night after we got home and had dinner, he broke out in spots on his hands and feet.


So Aiden's virus is called Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease! Yikes!
So horror at all the people we may have infected throughout the day without knowing it! That is how this virus spreads so fast. It has a six day incubation period and you are most contagious from the time of a fever to time of spots healing.
Did Aiden have a fever? Yes, some four days ago he had a low grade fever, which I thought was due to teething.
I am definitely a believer in shopping cart covers now.


So you can see the spots under his lip

Without exposing my child too much on the Internet you can see by his foot how red his bottom is and the spots on his foot and leg

Light spots on his chest

He is agasp at the whole deal


Immediately I called my mom for direction. Silver Shield to the rescue with doses of Probiotics. And dreaded I had to call Crystal who was around us Monday. It took four days but yes, Andy broke out in fever too.

HoWever, with rest and hippie herbs Aiden is doing so good. No open sores or oozy wounds and I don't believe any sores in his throat. He won't let me look around his mouth too well.

We have been quarantined ever since Tues night and my little guy is doing well.

Here is the angel I came to find this morning. What a doll baby
So the spots take about 6-10 days to heal. It has been three.We pray no one else in the family gets it. So far so good.

1 comment:

Jami said...

Poor little guy, that looks awful. Praying he feels better soon and no one else gets sick.