Monday, November 12, 2012

Sweet Sixteen

Wow! My baby sister is now 16. I don't remember turning 16. I remember my 18th. Matt couldn't remember his either. What do you remember about yours?

So what does a 16 desire? This one tries to be beautiful and drive. She scored on both this year. She got her braces off (thus the more beautiful) and she passed her test to get her permit.


Lydia never said anything about what she wanted to do for her birthday so we put on a surprise party for her. Boy oh boy was she surprised. After she got home from work at Amazing Glaze around 10:30 six friends and us family were there to say surprise!

I had to drag Gracie out of bed to participate. Now that she has a job she's like, " I have to get up for work."

She did not want the camera to find her, but I did.


So pretty and pink
 Her friends Bethany Thomas, Katie Wagnor, Rachel Griffin, Lydia, Abby Coffman, Kristanna Thomas and Olivia Coffman.

You know girls, they had to hear all the details of the past three hours all over again.


Time for cake & Trick candles

 This Reese's cake would not blow out
 Come on Lydia blow harder
 and again
 and again
 finally she recruited help
 Yeah, it worked
The girls went on to party most of the night while the kids and I went home. The way they were running around like crazy little creatures you would never have known it was nearly midnight. They didn't even fall asleep on the way home.

My youngest sweet sister getting too old for me.

2 comments:

ginmommy said...

MELANIE! She was our flower girl! How can she be sixteen? So pretty and so growing up.

Tracey said...

I am old. Geesh. She is gorgeous and I love your family.