Sunday, November 11, 2012

70 degree weekend in November!

Waking up Saturday morning, Matthew off to work early, kids begging to watch cartoons. I catch the weather report. 70's both Saturday and Sunday then 40's the week ahead with rain. Boo
I guess I am still in denial about this fall thing. I love the end of summer with warm nights and t-shirt weather. 
I realize that I need to have a productive day. Wow! Little did I know how much.
I head out the door to let the kiddies watch cartoons with their cereal and I take the nightstand out for another sanding and some painting. That done. First coat is drying. Kids still good while Aiden is antsy to play outside in the beautiful weather. He and I prepare to do some yard work. 
Usually I just get so busy in the fall to clean out my landscaping before the cold winter sets in. This doesn't hurt a thing. But I always look out during the cold or snow and see these weeds and yuck poking through and wish I had cleaned the yard better. Somehow that happens this weekend. Aiden and I are quarantined to the house while his spots heal and so we should get it all done.
I blow leaves cut and trim everything in the landscaping all up front and to the left side of the house. Through the day children need attention, lunch and naps. I pick up sticks in the yard, move a huge pile of leaves (that Matt left), mow the front patch and roll and empty countless loads in the wheel barrel. Exhausted and tired its 4p. Matt is home and it is time to make dinner for my mother-in-law and her 57th birthday. 
Dinner and dishes, kids to bed and I am dozing off to sleep while the Murphy's talk over old family photos.
What a great day! Beautiful and accomplished so much. Big plans for Sunday.

Sunday we wake to another nice day. Just as warm and windy but not as sunny in my opinion. Determined to clean the kitchen first thing. I make muffins, dress and feed the kids and send them off to church with Matt. Now the kitchen, it takes almost two hours to put away dishes, wash, dry and put all the rest of the dishes away. Aiden is happily playing around on the floor. A couple of times I see him out of the corner of my eye nearly walking to reach his next destination. Shall he walk before his first birthday?
Driven to get all of the outdoor mess cleaned away before tomorrow and the cold rain. I clean, blow leaves and cut away all of the landscape mess in the back. pick up all the sticks and debris out of the back and side yard, mow all of the yard. Lunch for everyone Feeding and naps for Aiden. I helped Matt prep some details for life group. And finish the couple of landscape messes in the back of the yard. It is getting dark and Aiden is ready to go in. He is such a doll just watching me while eating his cheerios.  Wash my arms and hands with Tecnu I pray I do not get any Poison Ivy today. It is still contagious but you cannot see the leaves to know what you are touching. Yikes! 

I feel worn out from head to toe but very happy everything looks so nice and tidy for this winter. No more ugly stuff poking out of the snow here at the Murphys.

I want to catch you up about Friday as well. Since we were in for the day I thought I would give you a photo tour of the upstairs at the Murphy's.



Corbin and Addie both have such large rooms. I guess that is one of the perks to having a home built in the 70's. We have made firetrucks the theme. He loves his room but is very excited to get bunk beds for Aiden to share with him in the future. There are a couple of things I want to finish in Corbin's room. I want to paint the road that leads to the fire station. It needs to be completed. and I want to put this shelving unit under and around his window. I want it to have a window seat with open cubes to put his things in. That part may not get finished anytime soon.
 




Adaline is in love with her room. It is definitely made for her. Light pink with ladybugs all around. She can hide away in her princess canopy "her tent" she calls it. You can see the ladybug stain glass on the wall in the picture below.


 Her bed is so precious. My aunt found it at a yard sale. with these wooden roses raised in the wood at the food and headboard. So pretty. Definitely a bed she will have till she moves out. We got her this big girl bed this summer. Carolyn sewed our custom curtains to mach her room out of the fabric of extra pieces of her toddler bedding.

 She has a large shelf along one wall.

 Here is the little princess dancing in her dress up.
 We have totally changed this room. I would still like to get her a rug/or carpet she is super loud in her dress shoes I still have this tree with 3D blossoms I want paint on her wall.

 The bathroom upstairs had a double sink and a long vanity on the opposing side. Short tub though. We want to remodel this down the road. It needs a new tub. Great for four kids but right now we all share this one bath. Our dream is to build a master bath off our bedroom.
 This is the nursery. Currently Aiden's room. He will be bunking with Corbin over the next year or so. Basically when a new baby kicks him out. Matt has built almost everything in this room. The shelves, changing table/chest of drawers and the wains coating behind the changing table.


 
Hallway to our bedroom. Notice the ceiling. This was last years project. While putting in an attic access with a pull down hatch and steps Matt sort of stepped through the ceiling and we had to rebuild some of  it anyway. This is the pattern and color scheme we ended up with.

I don't know about you but our bedroom has gotten the least amount of attention. We have lots of going to do things in this room. Newest to this space is the head and footboards. I stripped down two old farm doors and painted them this dark chocolate. (also the color I am painting the nightstand.)
 Matt had built a bedroom suite when he lived on his own. Almost five years ago he wanted to upgrade to the king. Against my wishes we got the king, which meant that the four poster bed frame we had would not work. Just this month we got our head and foot board.
 We have double closets which have been fitted and designed for a walk in closet(on the list to be finished) and then the fireplace you see here will get a gas insert and be placed on that closet wall.
 You can see my current wardrobe. This and the shallow closet above hold all the clothes I own. All seasons and all sizes. Did I mention we are on the Dave Ramsey plan. :)
So, I realize this turned out to be a super long post but I keep loosing time to get it all in. Life is so full.
Press down and running over. :)

3 comments:

ginmommy said...

Seriously? I need a nap. How you are so driven is beyond me, but I think it's awesome! YOU ROCK!

Jami said...

I agree, I'm exhausted. I love it that you and Matt are both so crafty and know how to do these projects.

Tracey said...

Aaaand, I'm tired. Ha! Loved the tour. Remember in our old house and Matt just wanted to "knock out this wall..."