Saturday, December 22, 2012

Father's Eyes

I received one of the best complements ever in my life last week in my CBS group. I attend our Community Bible Study every Thursday morning and we are studying the five books in the New Testament that are my favorite. Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, and James. We are on Philippians now. 
Anyway, one of the sweet ladies in my core group said to me after our study. "Have you ever heard the song "Father's Eyes"?" Yes, I had. She said, "I have been meaning to tell you that you remind me of that song. Your eyes just light up and smile. You have the love of Christ just ooze out of you." That is only by Christ, I respond. 
Wow, I am so blessed that others see the love of God in me. She has only seen me in the context of bible study, not with my kids in a stressful situation, but it is a haven for the week to be with these ladies and talk about the Lord. I love sharing the goodness of God with them and sharing in the treasures of heaven. They keep me accountable and love on me and help pray with me. I love this group of ladies.

I may not be every mother's dream for her little girl
And my face may not grace the mind of everyone in the world
But thats alright as long as I can have one wish, I pray
When people look inside my life, I wanna hear them say

She's got her father's eyes
Her father's eyes
Eyes that find the good in things
When good is not around
Eyes that find the source of help, when help just can't be found
Eyes full of compassion, seein' every pain
Knowing what you're going through, and feelin' it the same

Just like my father's eyes 
my father's eyes
my father's eyes 
Just like my father's eyes

On that day when we will pay for all the deeds we've done
Good and bad they'll all be had to see by everyone
And when you're called to stand and tell just what you saw in me
More than anything I know, I want your words to be

She had her father's eyes, her father's eyes
eyes that found the good in things when good was not around
eyes that found the source of help when help would not be found
Eyes full of compassion, seein' every pain
Knowin' what you're goin' through and feelin it the same

Just like my father's eyes,
My father's eyes,
My father's eyes,
Just like my father's eyes,
My father's eyes,
My father's eyes
*Amy Grant (Father's Eyes)

1 comment:

Jami said...

That is awesome, Melanie. You do have a light that shines in your eyes. What a great role model you are to your children.