Sunday, January 4, 2009

I have really sensed God's presence this weekend. He must be calling me to Him. I keep singing this song.

MERCY ME LYRICS
"God With Us"

Who are we that You would be mindful of us 
what do You see that's worth looking our way 
we are free in ways that we never should be 
sweet release from the grip of these chains 
like hinges straining from the weight my heart no longer can keep from singing.

[chorus]
all that is within me cries 
for You alone be glorified 
Emmanuel God with us 
my heart sings a brand new song 
the debt is paid these chains are gone 
Emmanuel God with us.

Lord You know our hearts don't deserve Your glory 
still You show a love we cannot afford 
like hinges straining from the weight my heart no longer can keep from singing. [back to chorus]

Such a tiny offering 
compared to Calvary 
nevertheless we lay it at your feet. [back to chorus]


[Thanks to Mike for these lyrics]

If you have not heard this song by Mercy Me, I would encourage you to give it a listen. 

This comes on the heels of being at the doctor Tuesday. If you have not heard, major Praise to Jesus. The placenta which was blocking me from having natural birth early in the pregnancy, has moved up to where it is suppose to be! Yeah! This means that should all else go okay we are on track for a natural delivery. Wow! I am so happy. Tuesday I had my Glucose test and Iron checked at the hospital, which takes an hour. Then we went over to the doctor's office to have the ultrasound and check-up. We had great news from the ultrasound as I already said. The pictures of the baby, fluid, and organs all look great. Later that day they called and said that I failed my glucose test. Boo Ho. Now I have to get retested. This means I have to take the more extensive three hour test where they poke me several times. I asked what the alternative would be to being retested, I would have to check my blood sugar levels everyday as if I were diabetic. That is what the glucose test is, a test to determine whether you have diabetes during pregnancy, which is very common. So, anyway, this news in no way dampered my excitement about the placenta moving, but it does mean I have to go back for a new test. I'll have to get that in this week.
So, next for me is to read up on delivery, which I had put off since we didn't know about a c-section, and find a doula. 

God's blessings, I pray you sense God's presence with you this coming year. :)

Happy New Year! 2009

2 comments:

Jami said...

Great News, I'm happy for you. I hope all goes as planned and you can have a natural birth. Good Luck as well with the glucose test.

The Utz Family said...

I am glad everything is ok. The 3 hour test will be a breeze, you can do it! I will keep you in my prayers. BTW I rally like that song.