Sunday, January 11, 2009

The mystery item/ Seeing Anna

Well, the mystery item is a pampered chef micro cooker filled with chicken I had been marinading. Apparently I had pushed buttons for the convection oven instead of the microwave. At one point I smelled something melting, but did not make the connection that it was my meal in the microwave. There were other things going on and nothing seemed to be smoking or going wrong. So, I called Matt in for dinner and put that pile of black melted mess on his plate. With this real confused look, he asked what it was. At this point I couldn't help but burst out laughing. I had to confess what had happened to our delicious chicken meal. I ended up making this beritoli meal. Thank he Lord for quick freezer meals when life does not go as planned. :)


I have been able to see Anna twice during her stay this holiday.  Yeah!!
Sat. Jan. 3rd  Matt, Corbin and I went down to Lexington to meet up with Anna, 
Antione, and Aurelian. Amy, Johnson, Windom, Wesley, and Dalton were also able to hang out with us. Lexington (where Amy lives, Anna's older sister) is about a halfway point between Anna's parents place and Corydon. So, whenever we can I'll meet her there to save on drive time. This time we were able to hang out as families. Anna's younger siblings (Amber, Aram, and Alisa) also came and volunteered to keep the little ones so we could go out as adults and visit. How nice is that! They are fabulous. Amber had taken the boys outside and wore them out, if you'll remember that was a very unusually warm day; and Alisa put shaving cream and green food coloring on the table and let the boys draw and play in it. :) She is so creative. The boys had a great time and we were able to have some time with anna. The girls went out to the health food store and the book store. The guys went bowling and we meet up for dinner at this Indian restaurant. It was fabulous! What a good day. Selfishly I regret not getting Anna all to myself but it was worth the time we had. Anyway, that day my battery on the camera was exhausted and I had not checked it before I left.
So, I was blessed  to get to see her again. Mom and Louise (Anna's mom) are good friends and whenever Anna comes in town we make the trip down to see the whole family. So, Mom offered to drive down to lexington the second time. Thurs. Jan. 8th (the day anna flew home) we were able to see anna one last time before she flew off home. The pictures below are of that day. 



Here are a couple of photos at the end of the day. Aurelian has gained a second wind in lou of getting to fly on a plane and go home to see his daddy.  Corbin is not sure he wants to sit by Aurelian. Nana's arms seem much safer. :)









Aurelian is so cute. He does so well with his English. Anna said the funniest thing is to hear how his speech has become Kentuckian while they have been here. He has acquired a southern drawl to things like door and more. He is so funny.

Corbin is eating a cookie and Aurelian is eating pizza. What fun to enjoy visiting a new place. "Mom would never give me this kind of food at home."

























Anna and I are both due at the same time. She is so cute! She has the most adorable maternity clothes. Her pants have a belt on them. I have not seen that over here.
















































Corbin found this hat in the boys playroom. He had so much fun playing with new toys. This reminds me of Woody on toy story

















This is Amy's boys ( Wesley and Dalton)



2 comments:

ginmommy said...

I didn't realize that you and Anna are both preggars and due at the same time. That's neat!!

Tracey said...

Great pics, Mel! You and Anna both are adorable! Love me a big preggo belly! The boys are adorable together and I love the Woody hat!!