Monday, January 19, 2009

Monday Thoughts

Well, the energetic second trimester seems to be over. I have been just so drained and tired last week and so far this one too. I am 30 weeks along and the baby weighs about 3 pounds right now. The size of a head of cabbage. I love the food comparisons from babycenter.com. I have been cleaning and so gunghoe these last few months but that is at a dead stop right now. I need to mop my kitchen floor today but that seems like just too much work. 
Corbin has had his own issues this past week, throwing these senseless fits. Anything he doesn't like will set him off into crying. And being my perky self right now I am not being very patient with him. It is so difficult since I can't really talk with him about things. He has been jabbering like crazy but not any sentences. What do you do? I do not want him to get into this pattern of behavior. Is it just a phase? I have tried a variety of ways to approach this behavior. I know that he must be dealing with things inside himself but when you can't communicate it's hard. During the good moments I have tried the loving approach, but Corbin has been active and independent for so long he doesn't like to rock or cuddle much. He has also been very picky with his food. Not eating much through the day. He has a good breakfast but after that it is small amounts. 
Anyway, I guess I will be preparing Corbin for his new room and bed as soon as Matt gets his room finished and painted. Hopefully by the end of the month. It is probably time to get out the infant car seat/carrier and be preparing for baby A. : )

2 comments:

ginmommy said...

Hang in there Melanie!! As far as Corbin, rest assured that he (and you) will come through this time. When he starts to talk it really will get much better. Try and remail calm, they always sense our frustration. Hang in there :)

Tracey said...

It DOES get better. Levi went through the exact same things - fits, crying, no communication, not eating much. I think it is a phase. Levi still doesn't eat a lot these days but the doctor assured me he'll eat when he's hungry. Don't push it. You guys will make it thru this with flying colors. Keep being patient with him and he will be telling you things really soon!