Thursday, January 29, 2009

Oh, the weather outside is frightful...let it snow

Yes, the weather outside is frightful, but the fire is so delightful.
Matt truly enjoyed making a fire and I enjoyed sitting in front of it. 
We are so blessed being neighbors with the hospital. We didn't loose power at all, but everyone around us did.
While many good mothers took their children out to play in the snow on tues. (the first of the beautiful snow) I couldn't bear the idea of trying to bundle up corbin and myself and trying to play in the snow. However, Wed. Matt took little hesitant Corbin out to play. Corbin wasn't really sure he wanted to explore this new white playground that was mushy and coooold.


We did not have a sled but Matt made a sled out of our trash can lid and a rope. Cobin had lots of smiles and a little fear behind each one. Where are we going? Do I have to touch that stuff you call snow?

Look at the icicles off the grill and deck. We have had snow since Monday. 



Corbin liked the idea of playing outside, but in the end decided he will wait till some warmer weather came our way before he asks to go out again.

We have had a good result of the storm. The Guernsey's have stayed with us for over a day now. They came Wed. right before lunch. We have been cooking, playing games and watching TV. It's like we are in high school, yet a little different. :) they will be here again tonight. They live in Lanesville and have no power. So they have been crashing here. Corbin thinks it is the best thing in the world. 

Enjoy the snow and your family being at home. We will join the land of the living soon.
(I have not been out of the house since monday morning. This week has been a blur)

3 comments:

Jami said...

Awesome pictures and I love the fire, looks cozy. I feel your pain, I left on Mon for about 30 minutes and that is it all week. I wouldn't say we are snowed in, but I don't really want to get out unless I have to, especially with Cooper.

ginmommy said...

Beautiful pictures, especially the fireplace.....

Tracey said...

Great pics! I love Corbin on the garbage can lid!! This weather has been crazy. I'm ready for walks at the park and riding bikes!