Friday, March 7, 2014

October Flies By

After we arrived back from vacation on Sunday we went right out on Monday to the zoo with our friends the Radars  Matt may have returned to work this week but we still have another week of Fall Break. Yay!




 

 Micah and Adaline are fast friends, Tayden and Corbin are pals, and the rest of us just love hanging out.

 Also for note: Mom and I took the kids to the Louisville Science Center. I was a little apprehensive because the last time I was at the Center was when I was teaching. I had upper elementary students and wasn't sure my children would like the Science Center.









 As you can tell they loved it. Turns out four hours was not enough time to play with everything, but everyone was getting tired and it was getting late.

 


 Fall Down on the Square is a big festival that our church puts on for the community for free. We want to show our town that we love Jesus and want to "love like Sam" (the good Samaratin)

This year was terribly cold, Matt went down early to set up and there was a break in the wind so Matt wanted me to come down with the kids and help.







Aiden and I went with Adaline on her field trip to Hubers. We had a great time. The morning was super cold (coats and gloves) but the sun came out and warmed us up by lunch. 



We were able to go on an apple tour, very cool. They let us walk into the fridge (which was a huge barn). We saw the apples being sorted and washed.


Afterwards we walked out to the pumpkin patch and Adaline got to pick her pumpkin to take home.



Here is the big winner!



Addie with her friends Skyla and Cali


So excited to take a sack lunch.

This tunnel/tube slide was pretty tall for little kids and Aiden was the dare devil of the day. He had to go up it first time he saw it. He slid down by himself and did this repeatedly. He probably climbed the hill and slid down at least 10 times. Being pregnant I did not want to go down the bumpy slide, but he wouldn't let Addie help him either, so I am glad he was Mr. Independent today. I was a little worried when Adaline disappeared though. She had come to me during this up and down with Aiden saying she wanted to go in the tall bamboo maze. I was giving her the nice "just a minute dear" as usual and she just took off. Well after I had a break to even look up she was gone. The play area at Hubar's was super busy at this point with at least four other schools/ groups there playing and I was trying to keep an eye on Aiden. Another family offered to watch Aiden ride the tricycles while I went to look for Addie. Oh my, there were oodles of teenagers coming out of the bamboo maze and there was no way of looking inside it was too tall. I couldn't go in without missing Addie coming out. I had to wait. Thankfully it wasn't long before she appeared with another little girl in her class with her mom. My heart resumed beating and I started breathing again. I hate those moments when all seems lost. I did give her what for. The mom said she kept asking Addie if it was alright with her mommy that she go with them as she hadn't seen me and Addie assured her that it was perfectly fine.



 While the tricycles were loads of fun and extremely slow we needed to start heading out to meet Corbin off the bus.


But not without a treat first. Again with the ice cream :)  During the tour they mentioned the pumpkin ice cream and I had just read an article about our local five top pumpkin treats to try
1. Pumpkin Ice Cream
2. Pumpkin Donuts
3. Pumpkin Oatmeal
4. Pumpkin latte
5. Pumpkin Bourbon
Today I was going to have my second pumpkin on the list. Aiden and I shared the ice cream. I had the donuts from Amazing Glaze and boy they were amazing. My now favorite kind of donut. Yummo!
 Addie picked the superman



 A few other stops before the van. Tractors and Pumpkins





For Halloween we invited a few friends over. We had a great time carving pumpkins and playing games. We also talked about what Halloween is about and how we seek the light in Jesus Christ. We had candy and christian tracks ready to pass out at the door. This year Halloween was on a Wednesday night and it was so yucky rainy and cold. Only a few came to the door.





 Finally Addie is doing fantastic in dance class and Matt was able to go in and observe this night. This move is called Tap Right. Adaline is loving her class. She sings and dances around the house all the time (in her dress up clothes of course)









1 comment:

ginmommy said...

Love seeing what all you've been up to!