Tuesday, March 11, 2014

November a Month of Thanksgiving

I cannot begin to tell you how very blessed I am. The Lord is faithful and personal. This is so plain to me and something God has been teaching me over and over in my CBS (Community Bible Study) group this year. We have been studying 1&2 Kings and the nine minor prophets.

You don't tend to notice in the Old Testament how very personal He is with His people Israel but in this study we learn that is the reason for his patience and why He is slow to anger. I love studying the Old Testament. God has really spoken to me and connected the history of Israel this year.

I'll show you some other things I am thankful for this month of thanksgivings.

I am thankful for my family/ my children. Here is the golden baby that our Guinea Pig had while we were on Fall Break/ Vacation. Yes, when we got home there was a little golden surprise. Buttons was just as cute as a button so sweet and fluffy, but not really what we needed. We gave her away to a family at church. A little news about Guinea Pigs they get pregnant extremely easily. So in the three days before we found a new baby the papa pig helped create more little piggies. That's right exactly nine weeks after fall break (Dec. 15th) our mama had another liter of four little piggies. Yikes! 

While my children loved these pets and petted them and let them run around pooping in Corbin's room. (The location of the cage) We all grew weary of changing/ cleaning the cage once a week. After Blake was born in January and I didn't have time to help Corbin with this chore we decided it was time to get rid of all the Pigs. It was just too much work for Corbin alone and he was just too young to manage this task. So we have cleaned and set back the cage for another pet down the road.


My children are so full of life and love catching animals, being outdoors, and playing games. 
My cousin Jenny made marshmallow guns with all three of them. Corbin was a dead on shot, very good with the gun. He got me most of the time. Adaline couldn't get the concept of blowing strong enough to get the marshmallow out, and half the time she spit in the gun causing the marshmallow to stick somewhere inside the gun. Those lips of hers must be hard to control. Aiden had a blast making his gun and running around but didn't have what it takes to shoot it. 










I am thankful for Jenny, her great ideas and enjoying us enough to hang out for the day.



I am thankful for my brother. He and Abbey hosted a Halloween Party and invited our whole crew.
Can you tell they are dressed as tourists? Funny!
I thought Aiden would be terrified of this head that talked when you got close, but he just laughed and laughed.

I am thankful for new life and how our family will be changing to expand to four children. I am about 30 weeks in this picture.

I am thankful for a large family to love on and share life with. We were able to spend time with my Jones family...








and we spent time with the Smith family....


Love these three stinkers...

There was a full house at the Smith's this year. Three small babies and one on the way.















The Murphy Family were in Memphis for Thanksgiving so we were able to see them the week after. I am also thankful for my mother-in-law Carolyn whose birthday we celebrate this month. I am so excited to blog about our day at the Murphy's next month.

I know I am thankful for new maybe family. Not because we need to grow our family or because it takes my sister away from us, but because it makes her oh so happy. Lizzy and Nathan started dating the week before thanksgiving and we were able to spend time with them over the holidays and I guess I can blog that we approve. :)



I am thankful for our family's health and bonding together. This month Corbin played basketball and he liked it so much better than soccer. But it was fun and fast paced and we liked going to the games together.
Adaline is taking dace class, which includes tap and ballet. Corbin is also a Tiger Scout this year and he and Matt go to Boy Scouts every week.



Speaking of soon to be family we will have our first cousin-in-law in the Smith family 
December 12th of 2014!

Psalms 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.

No comments: