Friday, December 19, 2008

Shopping Day

What a fun day out with my sisters! We went all over town. The spend thrift that I am... looking for deals anywhere to be found we began our day at the Goodwill. What? Corbin won't know the unpackaged presents from the newly bought. LOL. So our day began. I guess I need to remind anyone who did not leave the house today that it did rain. My knees to toes where soaked and my hair not the same as when I fixed it before I left home. :) But Corbin was with Aunt Lizzy and the other three sisters groggily got in the volvo to being our full shopping day.
You know being out in Corydon all of my city visits must be intentional. So I did not have any of the gifts that you stop by for on your way home from work with no kids. Usually I stop and get things months before Christmas as I see sale adds and specials. So, I had a lot of shopping to do today.
As I said we started at Goodwill-only found one board book, hit Big Lots, the closing Kmart in Clarksville, and Once Upon a Childhood. These were my hoping for a deal spots. I did score at Once Upon a Child. We also went to Bass Pro and Lowes (guess who that was for), Toys R Us, and Sears. Just in the nick of time, actually 30 min. late, we were back on the road and it was 3:45pm. All day only one state. I thought we would make it to "the mall" but nay, time eluded us. ;)
It was a fun day on the shopping seen. Terrible busy but I am sure not like tomorrow will be. Now to hide all the booty till I can get it wrapped.
The rush to get home was due to celebrating my birthday. We went to applebees (best ribs in town) and saw Yes Man. Jim Carey was hilarious. I was not in the mood to cry all evening so opted not to see 7 pounds. Nothing sounded terribly interesting but I was really wanting an evening out. Yes man was good. There was language and some sexual crudeness that was close to ruining the movie for me. The packed theater of 13 year olds (we were the oldest in the theater) was way too young for such humor. I am a prude but happy to be so. Very funny movie.
Had to make dressing/stuffing late so here I am getting my blog in before bed, so it still counts as friday.

No comments: