Thursday, December 27, 2012

Down the hole it goes!

So Aiden is in the adorable stage where he likes to put a toy in the box and take it out; over and over again. Well, in this case it is the cold air return vent. Matt has yet to move these vents that were inside the office walls that are now in the thresh hold of the door to his office. they are critical to our heat and air so they are not covered up, but is quite the job to move them to the back of his office. So, here are these open holes in the floor that Aiden use to be afraid of but now loves to throw stuff in. 

I catch him all the time putting stuff in these holes. This day he took his car and rolled it in. I was sitting at the desk and caught him before it went in and said, "No Aiden" He was startled by the redirection. I guess forgetting that I was here. Paused and looked at me. Smiled and rolled it right in.
This began our game.


He would get close and I would smile and say No. He would laugh and roll it in.


I would fish it out. Roll the truck away from us.

He would crawl and get it and bring it back to the hole.


I would say No Aiden, Don't you put that car in there.
again...

and again...
we played this game.

Finally, yesterday I came up with a way to stop this madness.
We are going to tape a screen to the floor so no more lost items. :)

No comments: