Thursday, December 27, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

Thanksgiving this year has been so full of wonderful family time and memories. We started Thanksgiving off on Thanksgiving day. We went to Melba and Terri's to celebrate with the Jones side of the family. We had a full house this year as most of the family came in town. We were missing Aunt Nancy and her crew but as you can see below everyone else was accounted for.

Love this photo of us. Even used it on our Christmas card. What a gorgeous day it was. I didn't think about bringing outside toys for the kids to have something to do. Luckily a ball can go a long ways in entertainment. :)
Funny note: Lydia was looking at a photo of my family last year at this time and comparing the two. She said Melanie you have lost some weight. I yelled at her, of course I have lost weight! I was nine months pregnant last year!


 Here we all are: Dad is the baby of eight kids. Five are here with their families. Aunt Nancy could not make it and Peggy and Mary Alice have passed on to be with our Savior. My grandparents have also passed. My sweet Adaline will carry on grandmas name and hopefully her spunk and character.

Bottom Left: Corbin, Above him: Aiden, Naomi Grace, Adaline, Lydia, Rachel, Mom(Diana), Dad(John), Billy. Behind Him: Phil, Ryan, Kelly, Elisabeth, Adam. Back Row: Melanie(me), Rebekah, Paul, Camden, Matt, Diana Lou, Dennis, Brad, Melba & Terri.

They were not in a very easy row to name but here is our crew!

I am ashamed to say that at the Smith Thanksgiving, hosted at my mom's house, I did not even use my camera once. ooops! Neither did my mom. So you know we were terribly off our normal routine.

On Friday, we almost always spend the day with the Murphy's. Our tradition has been to get our Christmas tree on this weekend at Huber's, Picture wagon and tractor out to the fields cut down your own tree and then hot cider before trekking home. Well, Dave Ramsey and our budget has dictated that we beg the Murphy's to cut down a cedar tree at their place. 50 acres should have a decent tree right? I'll post pics for this day separately.

On Saturday,
In attendance at the Smith Thanksgiving were Grandma and Grandpa (Otis and Pauline), Glendon , Amy, Sara, David(new boyfriend) Abby, Adam, Jenny, Brian (new boyfriend) Me (matt and corbin were home-corbin threw up that morning) Addie , Aiden, Mom, Dad, Liz, Becca, Grace, and Lydia
Marvena and her girls were home with Terry.


No comments: