Monday, May 21, 2012

You're not going to church like that, are you!?

Oh yes, it has happened again. My friend the poison ivy bush has found me. It is hard to tell in this photo but my eye is half swollen shut. You know me with medicine and needles, but I did break down and go to after care and get a steroid shot and three prescription drugs. Yikes! I jumped at the prick. I'm lucky she didn't jerk with me, but the shot went okay. 

I get up Friday morning with bumps, talk with Bucky a little bit about the take care clinic at Walgreens, but decide to wait before making any rash decisions. Took herbs Friday night and Saturday, then woke up looking like this.

Matt laughs and says, "You're not going to church looking like that are you?" We both think of the time  I had poison ivy when we were dating, I think it may have looked worse that this. We were suppose to go out for the evening and I show up at his place looking like this. He wouldn't step out of the apartment with me. He went and got dinner and a movie for a night inside. Embarrassed to be seen with me. Well this time he didn't have a choice. I wasn't going to miss church because I am uglier than usual and I wasn't going to miss Corbin's graduation.

 Here is another photo to show off my red swollen face. This means of course no touching anything and no make up. Us blondies have no eyelashes to been seen, so no make up is kind of a big deal

Today very itchy but feeling much better.

Due to this medication I wasn't able to feed Aiden last night and remember he won't take a bottle. But success. After some screams and an hour after eating time he did take a bottle for me. He had three bottles before I could nurse again. Perfectly rationed because that was all I had saved since he wouldn't take bottles I hadn't been pumping.
 These are a couple of random shots I took last week. Addie fell asleep reading library books during our  quiet time.

Aiden being adorable after a nap.
 
The kids helping me wake him up.



Drum Roll please! Corbin's graduation!
He did great and was so excited about all the fun to dos. My handsome big boy

Mrs. Head his teacher for two years is wonderful and made Corbin's school experience so wonderful.


Mark and Kara got to come and see, boy I thought they were going to burst into tears. They kept saying how fast time goes. That they were just at their children's preschool years and now they are all out of high school. I will treasure these moments.

Murphy Family 
May 20th 2012

2 comments:

ginmommy said...

Oh my word, Melanie! How do you always manage to get poison ivy?!?!? I feel bad for you. Hope it clears up quickly!

Tracey said...

That looks awful...kind of like Matt beat you! Ha! Such sweet pics of the kids. Did I say that I love it that you are blogging again??!!!!!