Tuesday, May 29, 2012

make it a tuesday

As I look back over my posts I see that my pattern lies on a Tuesday. I must have time to sit at the computer on Tuesday. Well, here again, I sit to do a post and it is Tuesday. 
If you have noticed I have going back into my picture album and blogging somethings that got passed up in the busy spring. I can't believe I hadn't blogged about the kids birthdays.
Adaline turned 3 and Corbin 5
Both birthdays are in April. We did a combined party this year with family for the both of them, but how can you not celebrate the day of the birthday and Corbin turned a big 5, so we decided to let him have a big party with his friends.
So here is how our birthday month went.


Adaline's birthday was on a Saturday right before Easter. So we were able to celebrate with an egg hunt at Corbin's school. The carnival games were great  but my poor babies were at the back of the hunt line and they literally got two eggs each while the kids at the front got a bucket full. Mama bear in me said no fair, but christian Melanie said that's okay guys. One mom gave Corbin the two he had or he would have had none. They were quite disappointed, but being 3 and 5 lunch at Culver's and time at the park quickly got their minds off of the egg hunt.
 It was nice to take time our of our week just to celebrate Addie with lunch and swings at the park.
Luckily I needed to make cupcakes for our Easter dinner so we got to have cake for Addie that night and a candle to blow. Here is my late night cutie curled up for Easter. (Unfortunately they did not make it through the night. No Shirley Temple curls this year)


A few weeks later on the 21st we had their birthday party. Addie picked out her party skirt
 and Corbin's way of coping with the camera is to act crazy.
 He loved all the action toys

This year the cake was tricky. They each wanted something different. Not the easy way out with Mickey and Minnie like last year. So I made them their own cake. Addie wanted princess pink and Corbin wanted blue Batman. I think they turned out great! Carolyn came over and decorated them for me. We took the toys we already had and topped the cake with Belle and Batman.


Too cute to pass up on.... another picture mom?

Each year I get a photo of them standing by the cupcake to see how tall they grow.

Corbin will probably pass up the candle next year.


Corbin's birthday was on Friday the 27th. So we took some friends with us to SIGS for open gym time. What a blast these guys had. You would never have known their were other kids there. They were too busy having fun.

Here's everyone in the cheese pit.

The lady watching that day let Corbin in the middle to "pop" the air bubbles


There were two kids that just sat on the row for a picture that I had to crop out. Who knows who they belonged to. LOL
Josh and Haley Allen, Adaline,Micah and Tayden Rader, Jansen Wise, Corbin, Daniel Allen and Elijah Guernsey with baby Reagan Wise.
It was great that these moms let us go out and have such fun on a Friday morning.

So these kids got cake three times this month. And yes, so did mom and dad.

Here I am. I do exist...

And baby Aiden had a blast everywhere we went.
Thanks to Nana and his aunts for helping with extra hands.

On a side note, our appliances at the house have been fritzing out on us. The washer had a leak and ran through the floor which left a stain on the kitchen ceiling. All is fixed now, just needs a coat of paint on the ceiling. Sunday our fridge decided not to keep things cold and Matt is working on the parts for that one. Weird how this stuff happens. We have been thinking how long we have had these things and we have been here in Corydon 5 years now, so five year old fridge should not be giving us fits.

Wow, 5 years and 3 kids later in Corydon

No comments: