Monday, May 14, 2012

Pearly Whites and Mother's Day

Mother's Day was perfect this year. When you think of all our blessings we have mother's day every day, but this year was especially nice. At church I got to see my mother. 

Diana Lynn Jones (Smith)
I always thought it was funny that my mother was a Smith and became a Jones. 
She is 52/ 18 when she married/ 18 when she had me.
I cannot imagine having children at 18. That would mean I would have a 16 year old. Crazy! That would be like my youngest sister Lydia would be my daughter!
Diana is a mother of six, a sibling of four, and a cousin of 14 (Smiths).
I am so proud to be her daughter, I appreciate her more and more the longer I'm a mother. Boy do we realize how much our parents love and take care of us when we are in their shoes. I love how my mom continually teaches me and shares her wisdom. You'd think at 34 I would have absorbed it all from her by now, but I continue to learn new things. 

I love you mother!


Mother's Day
Now I am a mother.
Melanie Lynn Murphy (Jones)
I am 34/ 23 when I married/ 29 when I had Corbin.
I am a mother of 3, a sibling of six, and a cousin of 9 (Jones').
I love being a mom and enjoy all our energy and craziness

 Corbin 5years old- born April 27, 2007
Adaline 3years old-born April 7, 2009
Aiden 5months old-born December 3, 2011



 So Matt Spoiled me today.
He brought me breakfast in bed. Watermelon chunks, powdered donuts, and pina colada marshmallows with my favorite hot tea. He helped serve me all day with no request from me.

He made lunch after church. We had cheddar brats and corn on the cob on the grill.

For dinner he made what you see below. Roasted duck, sweet potato and green beans. And he made layered jello for dessert! Corbin and Addie thought this was fabulous.






Here is the hunk that did it all! I love this guy, what a sweetie!





Then when we stopped by the Murphy's house I discovered Aiden had a tooth on th bottom front! Wow, my little man is getting his teeth. I'll have to look up when the others got theirs. He may be the earliest.

What a fabulous day, God is so good!

3 comments:

Jami said...

Happy Mother's Day!!

Addie looks so grown up, especially with the long hair.

Jill said...

Happy Mother's Day, Melanie! Your kids are beautiful! :)

Tracey said...

What an awesome day! Your momma is one of a kind...so sweet and beautiful. :)
Way to go Matt! That guy is the bomb!! Love you both. Glad he spoiled you all day :)