Monday, September 23, 2013

Trains, in-laws and automobiles

While I have never seen the movie, Trains, Planes and Automobiles, I thought it funny to use here and oh so appropriate. We were in the automobile two hours. We were in the train three hours, and we were with my in-laws the whole time. 

The Bardstown Dinner Train and Murder Mystery was the gift Matt and his twin sis Melanie gifted their parents with for the magnificiant 40th wedding anniversary! I know, God has blessed these two amazing people in my life and you can tell they are enjoying the life God as lead them to.

Keith and Carolyn Murphy are by far the most wise talented people I have ever met. I am so blessed to be in their family and married to their awsome son. :)



Unfortunately Melanie and Karl couldn't make the trip up for the Murphy's anniversary day, but Matt and I were able to go with Keith and Carolyn on their dinner train.


 August 26th, 1973 Carolyn Jan Spires age 17, beginning her senior year of high school married William Keith Murphy age 31, who had taught at Miss Carolyn's high school.

 Carolyn is the self taught renisaunce woman. She in an amazing quilter. She also has so many skills to share: she sews, gardens, cans, farms, spins wool, knitts, in fact I don't know anything she can't do. She has so much to teach me. I hope I can absorb half of the skills she has.

 Keith is one of those men who research and find a way. He can read up on a task and run with it. Right now he runs the farm in the country with sheep, garden, bees, grapes, fruit trees and several berries. He has been a motorcycle traffic cop, english high school teacher, Air Traffic Controller and grew up on a ranch. These are merely the things that jump out in my memory. Matt has inherrited his willing to try things himself from Keith.
Not to mention his sense of humor...eating around the lit candle in his peach cobbler. Hee hee


 I am so excited we were able to celebrate with the Murphy's this year on such a special date. Thank you Jesus for this amazing family and how you have moved to do such amazing things in their life. May we share so many more anniversaries ahead.





2 comments:

ginmommy said...

And what an awesome daughter-in-law they have in you.

Tracey said...

You really are a great daughter-in-law!! Looks like fun!