Wednesday, September 4, 2013

New Baby Nephew Part 2

Sunday August 11th Grace tells me that she lost her plug and she is feeling Brayden drop lower. Well, since Grace asked me to be with her in labor and delivery I had my phone with me 24/7 (which is very uncommon for me) I kept it charged and ready waiting for that call that it is time.
So all week we waited. Nothing.

Here we are together Sunday August 18th Two pregnant sisters. Grace at 40 weeks and me at 20. We had just found out that we are having a baby boy. Wow! two little boy cousins.



Sure enough the next morning I got that call.....

On her due date! Can you believe it? August 19th 5:42 pm Brayden was born.


I made arrangements for the kids and meet Grace, Mom and Bekah over at Clark Memorial Hospital. Grace's water broke at 5am this morning and slow steady contractions began. Grace was still in stage one labor when we met at the hospital. Meaning she was still smiling and not having to stop or breath through any of her contractions. So we walked over to the doctor's office first and Alison checked her. Grace was 3.5 centimeters, 100 percent effaced and at 0 station. So labor was moving along. A baby will be here today. We walked over to the hospital checked in and tried to let Grace rest a little. This is how she liked that....

Contractions were coming every 3 minutes and lasting about 35 seconds. She was breathing through them now. She had to have the belt monitor on for 30 minutes and get tons of paperwork/ questions/ blood taken. Yikes!

At 3p she asked for an epidural. Grace did so good working through labor. I know she could have done it by herself if she wanted. When we went back to see her at 3:30 we found a happy Grace.


Lydia came by after school and Holly Ward stopped in to help her out.

I hope to be in many births as my sisters all grow up and have families of their own.


Nurse Maria came in several times to check and see if Grace was having any pressure. (meaning ready to push) She would roll her over and move her around.
Alison came in to check on Grace a little after 5p. Checked her and pop we were ready.
Every time Grace would be checked or moved Grace wanted everyone to leave, so as to have a little privacy. I would always stay. This time Grace was ready to deliver. I asked Grace if she wanted me to go get mom and the girls. I received a strong no.
So, I got to hold my sister's hand and witness God's miracle of birth and be one of the first to see my baby nephew Brayden! So exciting.

This is me getting to cut the cord.

First moments...

Brayden had pooped in the womb so they sucked out his nose and mouth really well right away.





 I think she is in love.
 
Happy mama, 12 hours 42 minutes of labor. Everyone is tired and joyful.















1 comment:

ginmommy said...

He's a beautiful baby and you are a good sister supporting her like that.