Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Heritage Days 2012

So my mother says that dad "is ate up" over Lanesville Heritage Days. Dad goes every day of the event and loves to look at each tractor, see all the saw demonstrations, and walk by every booth. Truth be told he probably tastes quite a few sandwiches and lemonades over those few days as well. I enjoy our time there but as we have had little ones it just isn't the same. We are now at the ages where I can't avoid the ride section and not hear about it. I say I have done pretty good at that though. Five years.

So, I didn't think that I would go this year since Matt was out of town. I called a few friends to go with us and that didn't quite work out. I was resigned to not going this time. But mom called to see if we would go with her after she got off work. There was an essential oil booth that made lotions and stuff.

Sure! We would love to go. Actually she is much better to go with than Matt. As a mother she knows exactly what I need and want to do with the kids.

Addie is always excited to see what is in store for us each day.

She wants to show you how a princess holds her skirt. Addie has to wear skirts at each possible moment. This cool weather may be hard on her. We will have to do tights.

Heritage was a hit with the kids. I tried to be proactive with our budget and made dinner in the crockpot for our return. I packed a water bottle, snacks and suckers for those moments when they would want something. This worked out great.

Here are the munchkins. We had also taken those packs with a leash. This was perfect since us adults were out numbered. Corbin still will dart after something without thinking about where we are. He would have been smooshed by the tractor shuttle at the end without this leash. And being a Saturday it was packed.


We agreed to do two rides each. This was their together pick


This was Addie's pick. She wanted the scrambler. See her tiny self by me.

She giggled and squealed the whole time.


Corbin had his sights on something much bigger. He loves the tall mega slides.

I told him to wave at the top for me to take his photo. He laughed when he saw me and said, "ha, I didn't wave at the top." He thinks he is so funny.

This little guy had a great time.

I didn't want to battle the stroller and the crowd so I carried Aiden in the sling. He loves being close to his mama, but really liked walking in the grass too. Aiden is already pulling up on the couch at home and walking around things. What a smiley boy he is!


2 comments:

Jill said...

Oh my. Aidan is getting so big. Just adorable. We went to Lanesville Heritage, too and we were able to avoid the rides and food. . .at least for this year! ;)

Tracey said...

Aiden is soo big! Great pics of the kids on the rides. You are a good momma and so well prepared. I'm glad your mom was able to go with you afterall!!