Thursday, September 27, 2012

Friends are like Hot Tea

I love hot tea. Matt calls hot tea and hot drinks that we love, a hug in a mug.

After Matt's man trip I needed out of the house! Just kidding. I was waiting for a chance to paint pottery with my cousin. Jenny and I are cousins on my mother's side of the family. We played all through childhood. I smile because Jenny was one of those younger cousins that would try to tag along and just slow us down. Ha Ha... now that we are adults I love hanging out with her.

We always say how we will call and make plans and then a month goes by and we still haven't done anything. Enough is enough. We made plans to paint and relax and catch up.

I got an Earth and Fire gift certificate in my stocking and just now made time to cash it in...

Jenny painted a present for her ****** I can't tell who gets this Christmas gift.


I made a ladybug box for Addie. Also a Christmas present.

We had  a great night. We will do more of this for sure.


Corbin's friend Tayden invited us to celebrate his 5th birthday. We had so much fun. The kids and I along with our tag a long Eli Guernsey made our way over to the Rader home prepared to have a blast. That is exactly what we did. Marianne had these carnival games. They decorated bags to take along with them as they collected prizes at each station. So clever and the kids loved it.

She had popcorn and finger foods. Ramsey popcorn is now my favorite!

The kids also got to choose face painting. Some of them chose scary things.

Corbin chose to be a tiger

He was so patient and still.

Here is my cool cat

Tayden and Corbin are the same age now. Micah (Taydens little brother) and Adaline are the same age. I would say Micah and Addie are best buddies.

It ended up being too Windy outside to have candles.

Tayden took a couple of blows and out they went. Four years gone. Bring on number five.





All of the kids wanted to be right up front in all the action.

Eli chose the Angry Bird on his hand.

Aiden and Corbin played cat and mouse quite well.

Then of course princess Addie wanted pink. Pink butterfly


This was the year of the weapons. Everyone had gotten him guns or fight toys. We had gotten Tayden a bow and arrow and a Robin Hood Hat.

"I am so happy with this pink butterfly face".

The end of our party and Corbin really doesn't want to go.
What a fun day with friends

3 comments:

ginmommy said...

Those are some good face paintings!

Jami said...

That looks like a fun party.

Jill said...

I love hot tea, too! Great idea to make the pottery pieces as gifts. Cousin time is special.