Monday, March 9, 2009

Maple Syrup Festival

This saturday was an amazing day to be outdoors. We went with my family to the Maple Syrup Festival in Salem/Henryville. The weather was perfect, the space was crowded, and the company was fantastic. Depending on your age you may be attracted to the festival for different reasons. My dad likes the bluegrass music, the girls like to walk around to the shops, my mom likes running into homeschool families, matt and I like the food, and we found that Corbin likes the games and animals(ranging from dogs to horses)

This was Corbin's favorite game, the little ball was just his size.
Matt chased after Corbin most of the day. Why is it that boys have this urge to be king of the hill. Here Corbin at one decides that this is what he must do. He ended up taking a nose dive down the back side of the mud mound.
Like father, like son. "Just give me a fork. I like it all."

We had a great time together.  After a day of walking and eating maple cotton candy, I needed a rest. Swollen ankles.

We went by the Reid's for dinner after. It was wonderful to have some time to visit. We hadn't had time to visit with just them since they moved in dec. That is unacceptable to me. Eric grilled and Tracey made corn on the cob, baked potatoes, and strawberry shortcake. Yumm! What a way to treat a pregnant lady. LOL.
thanks trace


No comments: