Thursday, April 3, 2014

January is all about Baby Blake

Pregnancy
40 weeks is the estimated time of pregnancy, time for your baby to grow healthy and develop all his parts. But also time for mama to prepare mentally and physically for this new life to take over. 

This is the fourth time God has blessed me to carry a little life. These nine months have been such a whirl wind in so many ways. Our life is so full and busy with three little ones already; taking Addie to preschool three days a week, leading bible study two days a week, getting Corbin on the bus with evening activities of boy scouts and dance class, church and friends. Also decisions we were praying about and seeking direction for in our delivery with this baby. Just so much happening. I'll give you the highlights.

The first picture of our little boy



April is such a busy month for the Murphy's as Adaline is born on the 7th and Corbin the 27th
This lady was about to find out that April has lead to baby number 4.


Mother's Day Eve I found out that I was to have a special Mother's Day and that we were Expecting!
Matt had some pressures at work this spring and while we were wanting to expand our family he didn't want to know about any "special news" so I held my joy inside for a few more weeks.

The last week of May -In fact we were packing to take a trip to Memphis to see Matt's twin sister Melanie and her family. Nephew Karter (my favorite boy name-by the way) was graduating and celebrating his 18th birthday. So we were headed down to celebrate together. Matt was outside loading up the van and I brought him some ice tea in a baby bottle. "What's this?" he asked. Not even getting the meaning until he looked up to see my obnoxious grin that told all. "What?!" he smiled real big and gave me a hug.


We kept the news to ourselves for a couple more weeks before telling our family. We wanted to let Karter have his special time before we told. We told family and then friends.

My bunco group was so surprised when I told them at our painting party.

So this is me 2 months pregnant in a canoe with three small children and Matt.

This is us 3 months pregnant taking a weekend alone at the VW show in Effingham, IL.

I was able to share in my sister's pregnancy while being pregnant myself. She is 8 months and I am three months.

We took a six mile hike at the gorge. (3 months)

Our anniversary Trip to Branson, MO


And here it is!! Our 20 week ultrasound. We have never found out the sex of any of our babies, but this time I was anxious to know. I was truly hoping for a little girl so Addie could have a sister,




But clearly that was not meant to be.

This is me at 20 weeks. I am so glad we found out the sex. No disappointments at delivery.



One of the facts to note this pregnancy was that I have a placenta that has planted in the front of my womb instead of the back which is more typical. There is no reason to be concerned, everything will continue fine. Just this causes the babies movements to be more muffled, which also explains why I had not really felt baby boy kick on the outside yet.

Here we are together the night before Grace delivered her baby boy (Brayden). Grace actually delivered on her due date. So rare.

I was so proud to be there with her and have the honor of cutting the cord.

My first nephew to hold in my arms. So precious!

After seeing a birth in the hospital again from the objective view as an observer, I really wrestled with the idea of having a home birth. From the get go Matt and I really thought hard about where to deliver this little Murphy and decided for several reasons we would not be returning to Clark. However we didn't have a clear picture of what we wanted to do. Up through my twenty week ultrasound we were seeing a midwife in New Albany and planning on delivering at Floyd Memorial Hospital.

After watching Grace my mind was totally changed and my mothers light hearted "have a home birth" idea really seemed like the way we wanted things to go. Not to late at 20 weeks? I sought out some wisdom. God opened the doors for us and we found a fantastic fit with our midwife Aundria.

So much to tell about our birth decision and midwife- no room or time here.

So the fall continued with such a peace of mind.

Glowing with pregnancy here at month 5.


Our big family vacation on Fall Break

Month 6


My pregnancy has gone so well. I am feeling about the same as my other pregnancies, just a bit more tired chasing after three and being a little bit older.

Yet by Thanksgiving I felt like I hit a wall. Everything was so laborious. I was getting miserable. Physically wore out and so tired. My other pregnancies had tired days but I felt like I just zoomed on up to the last week or two just fine. Now already at 32 weeks I am just drained. Many days needed naps and spells to rest.
This baby is moving all over and kicks to the right side of my belly the most. Right when I lay down to sleep is the time he likes to roll around a bit.


I felt super big at Thanksgiving

December was so full of activity. Matt was such an awsome husband and dad. He helped out all the time.

We celebrated birthdays

I threw together Aiden's 2nd birthday



We were treated out for my birthday 36!

And of course we can't forgo our Murphy's Christmas party!
By Christmas I had lots of pressure in my lower belly and have been swollen in my face, hands, legs and feet since week 36.

I even felt a little ambitious and made the Crown Lamb for our family Christmas Dinner! I have wanted to do this for years.

But now this last week before delivery H-U-G-E! does not even seem like the right word to describe how big I feel. So swollen and ready to meet this new baby.

My due date is January 9th

I was so certain that I would not make it to my due date the larger my belly expanded.
So 1/2/14 My appointment with Aundria went like this. She did give me a check up and we were 2 centimeters dilated, 50% effaced and -1 Station. I was thinking that I would ask her to give me a nudge but when she asked if I wanted my membranes stripped I chickened out and said maybe halfway.

I will tell you more about our progress to delivery next post.

1 comment:

ginmommy said...

I can't wait to hear the birth story...