Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Rated the Number 1 Family Fun Place

This is what Pat Cook of Holiday World Claims. The Murphy Family put her words to the test and we agree. Matt and I have never taken the kids to any type of ride place continuing to claim that the kids were too young. Well, early this spring Corbin saw the commercials about Holiday World and asked with wide eyes if we could go. It is time, I thought. We decided sometime this summer we would go.
I don't know if I was expecting the prices to stay the same over 6-10 years but I about fell out of my chair reading the website about prices. Heavens! So... we put off Holiday World. Then the heavens opened and the clouds lifted when the youth group announced that they would be going as a youth outing for the group ticket price. I sweet talked out youth minister to letting us smooch off of them and getting four tickets that was a lot closer to our budget than the regular pricing.
Yea! I finally get to tell Corbin that we are going and he says, "What is Holiday World?" He had totally forgotten the commercial or ever wanting to go. Funny kid. I said trust me you will love it.

Rides are rated by height. Boy oh boy we had a new world to discover by taking kids. Addie rated in the 36" bracket and Corbin was in the 42" bracket. Each ride was listed on the map with the height and rules. Corbin was able to ride a ton(some of them required an adult partner, which I was happy to accommodate) Addie was very restricted, but once we got to the water park she was very happy.

Here is one of the rides they went on together



They were so excited to see new rides around every corner.


Adaline would have ridden anything you let her. She is quite the dare devil. Never afraid to ride by herself.




Somehow water is always the favorite no matter how small. There was a little section of kids things in the very corner. We spent over 2 hours here alone. There was this little roller coaster that they both just loved. We rode it 9 times in a row! Notice I said we.



Silly faces went with all laughter and pics


Remember these birds! The other ride across from this was my favorite. The Revolution/ Round House.  It was this round cage like a hamster cage where you stand along the outside wall and it starts spinning with so much force it holds you against the wall then tips on end. Corbin was able to ride and he went with me.
I try and not push my fears onto our kids so when I see a snake or other things I'm afraid of I try and not show that "at a safe distance" to my kids. I want them to see life the way God wants them to not inhibited by my fears. Ha but Matt told Corbin you don't want to ride that ride do you? With a warning glare I said yes, this will be so much fun. (don't worry he wanted to go, I didn't make him). He loved the ride and wanted to ride again.



After we got around half of the park we were at the water park. As I forgot my camera and all of these photos were with Matt's phone, we did not take photos inside of the water park. All of us had a blast. I hung with Addie at the places she could play and Matt took Corbin on every water slide and ride he could do. I think his favorite was the old fashion slide. You take a matt to the top of the slide and race down. Addie loved the tube slides that we could go on and the giant playhouse with all the water. They also had a wave pool and mini water slides that all ages could do. Holiday World is the best!

This pic is just after dinner. I am surprised they are still standing.

Dad doesn't do spinning rides

We stopped by the ity bitty rides before the park closed.


What a fun day! There was perfect timing. No rush, not too bad of lines to wait on, and and we pretty well rode everything we could ride. I don't know how anybody could ride everything in one day. The park closed early at 8:30p which worked out great for us old folks. I had tried to describe Holiday World to Corbin before we arrived and I had told him about the spider. They have taken the spider down. So the first thing he wanted to see was this large mechanical spider. ooops. He even said at the end of the day, we never found that spider mom. He had a great time none the less

We swung by and picked up Aiden at Grandma Murphy's. It was so sweet randomly throughout the day Corbin would say how he wished Aiden was there with us, or why didn't we bring him. Everyone was glad to be reunited by the end of the day. Aiden wouldn't let me put him down. My sweet baby.

2 comments:

ginmommy said...

Great post, Mel! I haven't been to Holiday World in a long time, and I think I should fix that! Glad you all had such a fun, family day.

Jami said...

We just went there today. We didn't make it till dinner though. Cooper was all pumped about the spider because we rode it last year, yeah, it wasn't fun telling him it was gone.