Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentines Day

What a fun day! I did have to teach Sat for project ahead but on the way home I set up our scavenger hunt. With a little help from Tracey I  made an "Amazing Love Race" patterned after the  "Amazing Race". Every year Matt and I have taken turns making a scavenger hunt for the other on Valentines Day. We have done this since 2000 when we started dating. It is so cool to know we have been doing this for nine years. So, you know me and my memory. I counted the years and this is my year. 

For the Amazing Love Race I gave Matt clues that made him drive around Corydon to find his clue and sometimes treat. I did not have him complete any roadblocks, but it was fun watching him go in and get clues. Some places he had to go in where the movies, taco bell, ups, dairy queen. I was so excited to set this one up this year. 

Matt had asked what I wanted to do on Valentines. I told him I'd like to pick the movie to rent and he make dinner. Wow, did he rise to the occasion.  He acted like he had not even thought about it by lunch sat. but after we got back from our scavenger hunt he started dinner. Corbin and I played while he cooked. He looked too intense to chat with. : ) 
He made chicken and beef kabobs that he grilled, cheddar rice pilaf, pasta salad, rolls, watermelon jello, and berry medley pie. Wow! Everything tasted fabulous! He had the table set and the candles lit when he called Corbin and I to dinner. What a sweet heart. 

Something funny... after Matt completed his scavenger hunt he handed me some clues for a scavenger hunt. He said that I had done the scavenger hunt the last two years in a row, told you my memory was bad. Honestly when I was counting the years I couldn't remember what we had done the year before. I didn't think to ask Matt I just knew it was my year this year. When I had gotten home from placing the clues and teaching I was so excited and told him so that he didn't have the heart to tell me that he had made one as well. So we each had a scavenger hunt this year. I told him he still had to make one next year. 

Matt made me a scavenger hunt where he gave me a picture and then if I found where that picture was located in town I got a gift certificate. For example, he took a picture of the pineapple on Magdelana's sign and the certificate was for a back rub. I had ten clues. Fun.
We rented Maid of Honor with Patrick Dempsy. It was cute. 

What a good day! Valentines Day is special for Matt and I because he proposed Valentines 2001. We have fun together making up inexpensive or lavish scavenger hunts and activities for the evening. This year he got me an adorable ladybug rug that I put in the bathroom and a ladybug garden stake that I can't wait to get out and mess with. I got him a subscription to Log Cabin magazine. I love Matt!

I'll post a picture of the handsome/big bellied couple tomorrow.

2 comments:

Jami said...

Sounds like you guys had a wonderful time. So creative too. We all know Matt is a softie at heart.

The Utz Family said...

That is so sweet!