Monday, February 2, 2009

Sleeping in my toddler bed

Praise the Lord! Last week during the stormy weather we took the plunge with Corbin and he has been sleeping in his "big boy bed". We put his new toddler bed and placed it in the spot where the crib had been.  Monday night was the first sleep in his bed.

Corbin has done very well. He likes his bed and sleeps in it for me. Matt still thinks he can throw him in bed and leave and he'll happily stay in bed and fall asleep. Everytime Matt has done this for his naps he gets out of bed and comes down stairs. I have been taking 15-30 min with him this week and reading him stories, singing, and laying by him till he goes to sleep. This extra time is well worth it for me. He still has been sleeping 2-3 hours for his nap. I am so happy.

Corbin loves his new bed. But we have learned that he can open his door and leave whenever he wants. : )

1 comment:

Tracey said...

That's awesome, Melanie! I'm so glad Corbin likes his bed and the transition has been easy. Hopefully it will only get easier for him!