Wednesday, October 31, 2012

30,000 Reasons

Our church has been going through a building campaign over the last year and a half, and our slogan/ prayer is 30,000 Reasons. We have done research on our county and we have found about 30,000 people in Harrison County do not have a church home. We pray that through Christ we can make and impact and show Christ's love to these "neighbors". 

For the last three years we have put on a festival on our town square and invited everyone to come play with us for free. We have the entire square blocked off for fun, food and music.

Since I have been the children's director I have not been able to come and roam the square. I had been pretty locked down to making the children's area work for the day. But this year I worked my part and then took the kids around to have fun. What a fun day! We have estimated 2,500 people on the square in years past. I don't know what they said about this year. It seemed a little less crowded to me, but Harvest Homecoming was the same weekend.

Here is the little princess with her peepaw. I think she could ask for peepaw to do about anything and he would gladly comply.


Aunt Gracie walked around with us. Yes, she is now a black haired beauty. You know those cosmetology girls always experimenting.


Lizzy was a huge help with three little ones. She even walked around with them while I helped work. Our friend Jordan Hubbard being silly. I love the story of him as a little kid saying french fries. He said it so cute and Mark and Kara wanted to video him saying it, so while the camera is rolling he pouts and says, "I don't wanna say frenf fry" So funny

Trying to get a self portrait of me and my permanent attachment.


Gracie helps out to get a better pic. I love this little sweetheart.




The loved their balloon swords.


Can't beat a day of free festivities with your church family and the entire town. God is so good. I love to see Him work through our people, because church is not in a building it's us!

Our goal is to be in the new part of our building by the new year. Not long.

1 comment:

Tracey said...

You are always doing such fun things with your kids. I love it! Cute pics! Grace's hair looks good!!