Friday, July 27, 2012

You can't have summer without Polly Freeze and swimming

My sisters and I tease about how my mother fixes the things she wants for our birthday dinner or birthday cake. So, Lizzy asked me to fix this chocolate turtle cake for our girls night at Aunt Melba and Terri's house. You cannot see the layers from this angle but it was a three layer cake. Yummo!

So these are the girls. Guess who has been tanning? We played Cranium all evening. My aunts are so fun.


Melanie Hawkins and I went to Polly Freeze for dinner one night. I think this is the first time I went there to eat anything other than ice cream. The fish sandwich was huge and delicious and of course we also had ice cream.


June 2nd we had this very cold snap right at the beginning of the summer swim season. Our church was having this pool party at South Harrison pool/ park. We decided to go and give it a try...
Adaline and Micah are the best of buddies. They always look for each other at church. Addie is surrounded by boys. There are no girls her age that we hang around.
Corbin was so cold. He got in once and said can I go swing. That tells you how cold it was for this fish not to want to be in the water.

Addie's lips were blue and her chin chattered but she would not get out of the water.

Later we had a cookout and played on the playground. Check out the cool kid with the shades.


Here is mini Matt.

Little buddy was cranky and would not let anyone but mom hold him. Teething kept him from wanting to nap. But he needed one so bad. It was so pretty outside even if we didn't enjoy the pool the day was gorgeous!

2 comments:

Jill said...

I have GREAT memories of going to Polly Freeze while growing up! ;)

ginmommy said...

I love Polly's Freeze! Fun times.