Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Easter --- not to forget

 This month has been all about Easter and birthdays! How much fun is that! We have had a blast doing all kinds of fun things. This year we dyed eggs together. We had never done that before. They were so excited.


 Corbin wanted to make sure everything was so so. "Don't touch it Addie!..." he said several times.


 and of course Addie couldn't resist. She wanted to touch everything.

 We also had these little stickers that made people on the eggs. Great fun to make pirates, girls with hair and flowers and drummer boys. These are Addies egg people.




Another first for us was Easter baskets. I had never gotten or made Easter baskets for the kids. This year they were so excited to find them Easter morning.
I'll never forget my father telling us about the Easter bunny. My dad did  not believe in Jesus or go to church until I was eight. So I guess I was about 6 or 7 when we came home from church and he had this grand story about how the easter bunny came with our baskets and he tried to catch him and he got away. I remember how animated he told the story, and of course I believed every word.
We didn't talk about the bunny. Only Jesus here.





 Easter with my three eggs.





After all of the activity of the day I didn't realize that we did not get a full family picture. Ooops.

2 comments:

ginmommy said...

The kids look darling!!

Tracey said...

Really great pic of the kids! Aiden looks so big!