Monday, August 26, 2013

Summer Hike at the Gorge

Who doesn't like a hike at the Red River Gorge?
Well, aside from the goofy picture we all had a blast. We were able to snag a beautiful day to hike together before Uncle Glendon had to return to work. (this time scheduled for Houston, TX)
As you can see I am the only girl that made the hike. My bro Adam, Uncle Glendon, Matt and I were the true outdoors man today.


The look out points on our hike are so beautiful. We hiked six miles this day. The best parts always being on the ridge. The last three miles in the valley were more difficult, especially the hike up and out.

Here we are at greys arch and headed to make the lolly pop loop by courthouse rock and into the valley.


Matt is here explaining how his cool backpacking gear can filter that putrid water and make it drinkable. I don't know if Glendon can buy that idea.
Hard to see the arch across the way, but that is double arch. As it says it means there are two arches one  below and above.




The ability to scale Courthouse Rock is in all of us, but as you can see only one walked up to the challenge.
You have to wedge your body in the crack and push up. I don't think that making it down the same way would be what I can handle. I'm sure it is a beautiful view at the top.
This little guy enjoyed the show. He was content to stay here with all our crowding and touching.


The hike was perfect. Not too challenging for a then a twelve week pregnant woman. But there were several spots where I was too winded to talk. Matt and Glendon headed our little train and they were heard talking at a break neck speed for all to hear, but Adam and I in the back found it more enjoyable to conserve our oxygen for the hike. Kind of reminds me of one of the reasons opposites attract. Matt being the chatty one and most of the time, me not so much. Somebody has to be the listener. I guess my vows do not decipher if that listening is over and over the same things. :) ha ha


Gods world/creation is so beautiful. It was such a good day to be out among all of the wild blueberries, clear 70* skies and even a yummy pizza dinner on the patio.


1 comment:

ginmommy said...

Look at you go! I can't do that and I'm NOT pregnant!