Monday, April 8, 2013

January in a Flash

Wow this year is rolling on by so fast. I can't keep up.

This is my bestie that I love seeing anytime possible. So, anytime that she is state side I make every effort to see her and her boys. Right now Anna, her two boys and husband live in Corsica (an island south of France). Antoine is teaching at the College and Anna is working on her Disortation/ Doctorate. 


This visit I got to have a day with her all to myself. We were suppose to be wedding shopping for her brother. Thus one of the reasons for her extended stay this time.

Look at these goof balls!


 I meet her in Lexington and the other family had been working on the wedding and did not require our hands as of this day. Tell you about the other wedding excitement we had a little later. So this day we did our own shopping and got to see Le Misrables together! Outstanding film and a wonderful day.



So that was Tues when I went to see Anna. I came back Friday evening and spent the night with Amy (anna's sis) and went with them to little brother's wedding Sat. 

When I got down there Anna informed me that we were going to be incharge of the wedding cake! When I say incharge, that not only means picking it up, setting it up at the reception, but also decorating this cake! We were picking it up after the wedding (around 2p) and setting it up at the reception (begining at 3p). I just busted out laughing. How we were going to pull this off i didn't know.

Anna was a little stressed on Friday night. We had a lovely rehersal dinner by momma street and helped clean up and talk with the bride about this cake. Anna had a picture of what we needed to get the cake to look like, but the snag was the deep purple color that was in the wedding. There were no real flowers that color in all of Lexington to be found. Luckily I had had my first cake decorating class the night before. Ha

We settle on the perfect flower that was artificial found ribbon and trimings Saterday morning and off to the wedding we go. Anna is still all in a flutter. I totally understand. At least I can leave town when it is done and not have to worry about what this cake turns out to be. But we have high hopes...

The reception is in Johnie Corrinos ( a resterant) and there were already people from the wedding there for the reception. We hunkered down in a corner booth and went to work with our super skills to decorate this cake.


I would say it took about 30 min to decorate and set up. And not a moment too spare for the wedding party arrived about 10min later. Yikes!


This is what Anna and I came up with. Our mad skills came to great use. The bride was happy and Louise (mother of the groom love it!) and that was who I cared about.


I love our time together. What a precious friend. Anna is so accomplished and driven in her career. She is a wonderful friend, mama and woman. I love my dear friend.


 While I was away Matt let the kids roast marshmallows over a candle. I don't know how I feel about them doing this over my tableclothe... but they thought they were big stuff.


 Here are some cute shots duing January...
Addie in her adorable sheep coat from aunt Melanie.





boys not wanting to take any pics...



 So, my mother-in-law bought me cake decorating classes. This was class 2. I learned a great deal. It was a fun class. There were four classes in the month of January.



Tracy Blackburn who is in our life group invited us to celebrate her birthday together at Kobe! Yummo

One of our other fun adventures was to see the play, "One Fish Blue Fish". The community group put it on and we were able to go for free. There was a craft, the play and snacks. 

This magical fish is an Asops Fable and the two play writes acted out three plays and had us vote on the one they were going to turn in for publshing. All three versions were fables about the magical fish.


Addie was intent on the play. She wouldn't even stop for a pic.
 Version 2: The fisherman and his wife waste their wishes.

 Version 3: The selfish woman was turned into a mermaid.


Fun times!




Gross Factor!!!! Avoid your eyes.


Matt has this horrible habit of picking at his toenails. Well this time he really did it. The hang nail ripped off and left this terrible raw sore spot. Manly Matt didn't soak or take care of his toe, as you see in the pic. So it bulged and got infected. He has finally gone to the doc, nursed and cared for his toe so that now, three months later it has healed. Goodness!





This day the three kiddos were eating a snack (carrots). They like me to peel a long carrot and let them eat the whole thing. 

See the orange on Corbin's face? They were so cute sitting together watching a cartoon. They were still there 15min later when I walked back through. Usually Aiden doesn't stay put that long.




Here is my sweet baby boy. So precious...











































3 comments:

Jami said...

I can't believe how big Aiden is getting.

Tracey said...

What great photos!!! Now you are getting almost current for 2013! Yay! Great pics of you and Anna. :)

ginmommy said...

What a fantastic and busy January! :-)